Did you ever think why our grandparents never preferred rushing to the doctors or hospitals for every now & then? Because they relied completely on many wonderful natural remedies for any kind of health issue like burns, cold, cut, fever, sneezes and more.
Long ago when there were no chemical-based medicines, all our forefathers used potent herbal remedies, whose significant properties have been passed from generation to generation.
Here are 5 amazing medicinal plants that can give you a healthy life. Moreover, all these powerful medicinal plants can be grown at your home. All these herbs not only acts as natural remedies for your health issues, but also are capable of defending you and your garden against attack from attackers such as insects and also keep your environment clean. Have a look.
1. Aloe Vera – The King of Medicinal Plants
Known as the “King of medicinal plants”, Aloe Vera is a succulent plant, means it store water in its fleshy leaves. In Egypt, Aloe Vera is known as the “Plant of immortality”.
Growing Aloe Vera is a hassle-free task as it doesn’t require excessive water supply or fertilizers; it can also grow in arid lands. Hence, no extra care is needed, just sow it.
Here are some benefits of Aloe Vera:
- Aloe Vera juice can be used to cureconstipation and other digestive disorders.
- It’s gel treats all skin diseases and regular application helps in enhancing skin beauty.
- It is one of the most powerful immunity boosters.
- It is composed of natural Antibiotic, Antifungal, Antiseptic and Antiviral properties.
2. Holy Basil – Queen of Medicinal Plants
Tulsi, also known as the Holy Basil (Tulsi in Hindi) is an aromatic herb that keeps you away from all diseases. The strong aroma of Tulsi keeps your surrounding environment clean and healthy by avoiding bacterial growth.
In Ayurveda, it is known as “Elixir of life”.
- Tulsi works as an Adaptogen; stabilizes many bodily processes and gives strength to combat stress.
- Regular use of Tulsi promotes longevity.
- Chewing Holy Basil leaves acts as nectar for cough.
- Tulsi leaves cure digestion and control the temperature of stomach.
- It is good for teeth and eye disorders.
- Tulsi is an anti-cancer herb.
3. Mint Plant – Ultimate Medicinal Plant
Mint (Pudina in Hindi) is a remedial plant that “stimulates the mind”. Mint prevents pest insects and keeps your surrounding environment clean and healthy. The interesting fact is that its leaves can be used green and in dry form. It has the following medicinal properties:
- Mint keeps your digestion fit.
- It is rich in Vitamin A and a very good immunity promoter.
- It is of great significance for digestion, cough and cold, and low blood pressure.
- Fragrance of Mint’s oil keeps away flies and mosquitoes.
- It is also good for respiratory diseases.
4. Coriander Plant – Number #1 Traditional Medicinal Plant
Coriander (Dhaniya in Hindi)– a common kitchen ingredient in Indian food is also rich in its medicinal properties. It can be used in several forms, including green leaves, powder, seeds, etc.
- Coriander leaves and seeds act as antioxidants and prevents food from spoilage.
- It is diuretic i.e. promotes production of Urine. Hence, coriander is very useful in curing urine infection and urine retention.
- Coriander leaves and seeds are a rich source of Vitamin C.
- It has plenty of anti-diabetic and antibacterial properties. Therefore, it keeps you away from diabetes and bacterial infections.
- Coriander is also very effective for skin diseases such as pimples.
5. Ginger Plant – Queen of Spicy Medicinal Plants
How can one cook without this aromatic ingredient? Ginger (Adrak in Hindi) plant is full of medicinal properties. Ginger has many curative properties because of which it is one of the most used ingredients of Indian Cuisine.
- Ginger is the best friend of our digestive system. It can be used in treating various digestive problems like loss of appetite, gastric troubles and other digestive disorders.
- It eases migraine, controls high blood pressure and relieves muscular pains.
- It is widely used for cough and cold, and asthma.
- Women should consider including Ginger in their food as it helps to ease menstrual cramps and pains.
Let’s go back to the ancient era and keep ourselves healthy with these gifts of nature!!
— Idolreplicas.com (@zigverve) January 12, 2016